Vision and Mission
The South Carolina Association of Family and Consumer Sciences is recognized as "the comprehensive and integrative source of knowledge and the primary voice focusing on family, individual and community well-being."
As a state affiliate of the AAFCS, the South Carolina Association of Family and Consumer Sciences is to effect the optimum well-being of families and individuals by: empowering members to act on continuing and emerging concerns; focusing the expertise of members on critical issues; and assuming leadership among organizations with mutual purposes.
As a state affiliate of the AAFCS, the South Carolina Association of Family and Consumer Sciences values:
- families as the fundamental social unit;
- research as a base for new and expanding knowledge;
- innovation, creativity, and the application of research to solve problems of individuals and families;
- holistic, interdisciplinary, integrative, and preventive perspectives in addressing the issues of individuals and families as consumers;
- diverse choices members make to practice the profession;
- diversity, equality, and human rights;
- both global and community perspectives when addressing issues of individuals and families as consumers;
- reciprocal relationships between people and their environment which affect the quality of life;
- the forging of partnerships and collaborations with others who share mutual values and purposes;
- lifelong learning;
- a healthy global environment which positively impacts the human condition; and
- the profession as a force in shaping public policy.