Nomination Forms for Professional Awards
Achiever and Leader
Each year state associations have the
opportunity to nominate individuals from their state to receive the
AAFCS New Achiever or Leader award. The New Achiever award is for a
family and consumer sciences professional under the age of 35 who has
made outstanding contributions to the profession and AAFCS. The Leader
award is for a family and consumer sciences professional over 35 years
of age and who has made outstanding contributions to the profession
Please contact a board member with your
nomination (see Board of Directors). The Nominee does not need to be
contacted nor permission obtained from them first. The Board will
determine the individuals who will be surprised at the SCAFCS Annual
Meeting with these awards.
Unit Member Award
Student Member Award Guidelines
- A nomination form must be used for nomination.
- The student nominated must be a member of AAFCS and SCAFCS at the time of nomination; must be enrolled in a South Carolina college or university and pursuing a degree in family and consumer sciences or a related field; must have provided community service using family and consumer sciences related skills or background; and must show promise of becoming an outstanding professional through which public visibility, prestige, or power of family and consumer science will be enhanced.
- Students may nominate themselves.
- A maximum of three pages (typed, single or double spaced) describing the nominee’s involvement in SCAFCS, AAFCS, college, community and church activities.
- Two letters of recommendation that give reasons for nomination. These letters might come from supervisors, instructors, or community leaders.
- The nomination form, along with all of the above materials, must be mailed to the Awards and Recognition Chairperson by the designated date.
Outstanding Student Member Nomination Form
Outstanding Family and Consumer Sciences
Teacher of the Year Award
Search for an Outstanding Teacher
The South Carolina Association of Family and Consumer Sciences is conducting a statewide search for an outstanding teacher to compete in the Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher of the Year Awards Program sponsored by the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences. Now is the time to nominate an outstanding teacher, and bring recognition to the teacher, the school, the community, and the state.
Any individual who is currently a member of AAFCS and SCAFCS at the time of nomination, and who is a Family and Consumer Sciences teacher, grades K through 12, is eligible to compete.
The purpose of this award is to recognize the outstanding contribution of the Family and Consumer Science teacher in the improvement of the quality of family life; to identify exemplary education programs, teaching techniques, and activities which might provide stimuli for other educators, and to build community awareness of the value of family and consumer science education. Betty Dickson, 1980, and Amy Clark, 1986, were national winners from South Carolina. There have also been several teachers of merit (top ten nationally).
This award will be presented at the annual SCAFCS Conference
in February. The winner will have about one year to
prepare a dossier to submit to the national competition. The state
winners will be recognized at the Annual National AAFCS Convention, where the national winner will be announced. Nominations postmarked after this date will not be eligible for the award.
Outstanding FCS Teacher of the Year Nomination Form
To enter, complete the nomination form and return by
January 15 to:
15 Crosswinds Way
Greer, SC 29650
Complete these online forms, print, and mail to Sara.